
Long story short, without too much TMI....
I went to hosp at 7am Thurs morning, got nakie, and was given Pitocin.... Was checked by my doc at lunchtime and was only 5cm dilated so she broke 1st water then I got my Epi... Was checked again at 3ish (after repeatedly saying it felt as if something was trying to crawl out my a**!) and I was fully dilated and could see a baby's head.... My doc was rushed in from the OR and a whole bunch of nurse folks prepped....
They THOUGHT Sofia would be out in 3 pushes.... instead I pushed for 3 hours and she wasnt budging.... why, because she smashing off my tailbone (apparently I am one of those people with a curved tailbone, its fairly common I guess).... My Epi RAN OUT and they used a vaccum to help pull Sofia out and I broke my tailbone....
(obv I dont remember much after this since I had just delivered a baby without pain meds and broken my tailbone, I pretty much blacked out) apparently I was given oxygen, Maia's heart rate had dropped, obscenities were flying, and she was successfully delivered 10 minutes later with the help of a vaccum.
No NICU time needed! We were all released Saturday afternoon.



1 comment:
So Beautiful!!!!!
Love Nana + Papa H.
Post a Comment