Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Beds and bugs

So the girls were resisting their first nap even though they were PRACTICALLY ASLEEP when I laid them down this morning. I came out to the living room, played on the internet for a few minutes and decided instead of getting annoyed that they are not napping AGAIN I am going to do something for ME like take a nice long hot shower!
I got out of the shower and they were quiet but still awake. I heard their music playing and thought to myself 'wow thats been going for a long time' so I checked on them and Maia had scooted to the middle of the crib (they sleep at opposite ends) and was kicking the soother and turning the music on/off! I could just hear that conversation, Maia saying, "Its ok Sofie, I'll turn the music back on for you, I know how mommy does it!"
I finished getting dressed, pulled my hair back and was going to get them out and this is how I found them:



The girls got to spend last Saturday with their cousin Conrad and Auntie Birdi while Mommy packed. They met the Easter Bunny on Tuesday and got their first illness Wednesday night, a stomach bug! Poor girls kept throwing up and got their first taste of pedialyte. Auntie J had to come in the middle of the night and help with sick girls.
They finally felt better Saturday morning, just in time for Mommy to get the bug! Mimi and Nana had to come over and take care of the girls. Mommy felt well enough on Easter Sunday to start packing again and Pops came over to entertain the girls.
We are almost all packed and we already moved almost half our stuff on Monday!

Sofia is a thumbsucking champion now and she is also laughing, and Maia loves to play with faces. Both girls are blowing raspberries and are trying to sit up, they are 'doing crunches' in their chairs!

Their weights as of last week (after 24hrs of puking/pooping) were:
Sofia 14lbs 8.5oz
Maia 12lbs 3oz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous picture!

Arjun and Indira said...

Love the pic..isnt' that funny when they are fussy and you go to get them and they are asleep so quickly, makes all that fussing seem so dramatic sometimes...LOL

Damiane'