Sunday was Father's Day, we got to see Grampa Sunday morning before they left for vacation and we went to see Pops after their nap.

The girls showing Pops how they sit up now

Maia on Father's Day

Sofie on Father's Day

Auntie Jill and Maia
Sunday was also the predetermined night I decided the girls would learn to sleep through the night. They had been sporatically sleeping through for 2 months but never on the same night and they weren't really eating when they woke so it was time.
Sofia had slept through Saturday and Sunday nights on her own. Maia, on the other hand, woke 3-4x each time getting a little louder. I was up pacing the house at 3am.
Monday and Tuesday I slept with the monitor on very low so that I would not wake at their every movement but would hear them if they were yelling and they must not have yelled because I slept through the night.
Wednesday and Thursday I turned the monitor up a little louder so I could figure out if they really did sleep through, and again I was not woken until the morning!
And last night Sofie woke up and cried for less than 5mins which woke Maia up but she played quietly for a few and went back to sleep. I had to wake them at 720 this morning!
Tonight will be the true test, I am going to reclaim my bed (we share a room). I hope they dont wake when they sense me. Sofie has slept through for a week now and Maia for 5 nights so I am fairly confident we can all start getting some sleep!
Funny thing about is I have slept for 7+hrs these past few nights and I feel more tired this week than I did getting less sleep.
Wednesday was our 8mo birthday! We spent the day at the zoo with some of our twin friends, Nicholas & Anthony, who share our birthday, and Mallory & Zachary.
Maia and Nicholas are very similar in personalities and Sofie and Anthony, so the question becomes should we arrange for Maia and Nicholas to marry because they are similar, or Maia and Anthony since they 'tolerate' their counterparts personality so well.

Maia was excited for her first date

TWINS at the zoo! Mommy with Maia & Sofia, Meg with Nicholas & Anthony, Lois with Mallory & Zachary

Pretty Tiger

The White Tiger

Very cool Peacock

Maia

Sofia

Maia's Daddy is a Monkey

watching Mr. Monkey

Sofie passed out in the car on the way home
Now that the girls are 8mo we can try all sorts of new foods. The girls actually tried chicken (YUCK!) and they really like it! My little carnivores! Nana cooked them some chicken and Auntie J pureed it. They also tried some ground turkey pureed but it did not go over as well.
I wanted to try to get them used to some new textures so we tried cottage cheese. They did ok with it the first 2x they tried it, but this morning Maia decided she really didnt like it. She was actually putting her fingers into her mouth and picking the cheese out! I couldnt help but laugh because she was making some disgusting faces.
Auntie J and I did a bunch of cooking to have the new foods on hand so we can keep trying them. We made broccoli, chick peas, beans, and cantoloupe, along with all the foods we have already tried.
Sofie has done really well with self feeding from the start. She held her own bottle since 4-4.5mo, she figured out the sippy cup fairly quickly, she knew exactly what to do with the mesh feeder and was getting the Puffs into her mouth on her second attempt!
Maia wanted nothing to do with any type of self feeding. You need to hold the bottle and the sippy cup for her, she thought the mesh feeders was for banging and the Puffs for throwing! But tonight, Maia was actually eating the Puffs!! I'm so proud of my stubborn little monkey!
Maia is a pro at sitting! I think she actually prefers it now. She definitely has my posture though, she is also a pro at slouching!
Sofie has perfect posture, straight spine, shoulders back. She's so graceful in everything she does. She does like sitting but still prefers to be on her belly. She rolls all over the place!
I just bought them a Superyard since I am sure crawling will be next and there is way too much for them to get into.
Since the girls are sitting so well, I decided it was time to take out the bath rings! The girls love being able to bathe together again!

Sofie in the bath ring

Maia loves bathing with her sister
Other milestones Maia has reached:
- can pass a toy back forth between hands
- says ba, ma, na, and da sounds
- copies everything! grunts, sneezes, hisses, whining
- found her tongue and makes clucking noises, squints her eyes, shrugs her shoulders and lifts her butt off the ground almost like a back bend
- GIVES KISSES!!
Sofia's milestones:
- says ba, ma and da
- fake laughs and coughs
- squints her eyes
- pulls her knees up under her and got up on all 4s a few times
- has 2 teeth
- GIVES KISSES!!
Here are some pictures from our 8mo photo shoot.

Auntie J getting the girls ready for pictures

Sofie likes to pretend she's a model

Pretty flowers!

Maia and Sofia

Maia 8mo old

Sofie 8mo old

My ying & yang
4 comments:
Happy 8 months! WTG for sleeping through the night, hope it continues! Great pics and milestones, they are growing up so much and doing so well!
Damiane'
I am so jealous. They are so beautiful. One day, it will happen to me. Glad to hear you are doing well. Miss you.
Jen
Wow, hard to believe we are already at the 8 month mark! Sounds like they are doing awesome! Adorable pics, love the flowers and beads (wink!)
Your post brought back some wonderful memories from my kids first year!! They're just beautiful... great pictures and a lovely post!!
Post a Comment