So my little old ladies are:
-sleeping through the night! Finally! I waited a LONG time for this!
-pass things between their hands
-give wet kisses
-cuddle each other while they sleep!!!
-taking naps without being nursed to sleep!




Sofie:
-very close to crawling
-can almost get into sitting position
-two bottom teeth





Maia:
-claps
-points
-shakes her head no
-copies facial expressions
-one bottom tooth





We got a tent for our trip to the beach. We decided to go to the lake as opposed to the ocean for our first beach trip. And GOOD THING!

Trying out our new tent
Auntie J and I decided we are going to forget today was our first beach trip. It was an AWFUL day!
The girls have been very whiney these past few days which I just chalked up to teething. When they woke from the nap whining, I thought nothing of it, gave them some tylenol and got us ready for the beach.
We had to make a stop on the way and from the second the car was in park, Sofia starting whining. She whined all the way to the beach. And she whined loudly!
When I took her out of her seat she had red wet eyes and cheeks and snot running down her face. Assuming she was hungry and hot, we fed them, then got them in their suits and went in the lake to cool off. That seemed to do the trick and all the whining stopped for a few minutes and my happy babies were playing in the water.
Then Maia starts whining and had a rash on her face near her eye. I bring her back to the blanket and try to give her some milk and she refuses. It was at this time I remembered I had a spoonful of honey the night before to soothe my scratchy throat. Great, is she having an allergic reaction?!?! She continues to whine also with snot now running down her face! Now I am panicking that they got colds. And what accompanies colds but ear infections!
I call the doctor's office in a full on panic now, get us an appointment and pack everything up. We have to walk uphill to get to the car, the strap on the diaper bag breaks, and the girls whine and show signs of sheer exhaustion.
We arrive at the doctor's office (Mommy and Auntie J still in wet bathing suits) and Sofie has diarrhea! They are checked out and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM! Ears look perfect, chests clear, mouths and throats are fine. Could be teething, could be an upset belly, could be the heat! Ugh.
At least I know all this whining is not due to any sort of sickness, but even worse, what if this is a phase!? I dont think I can deal with a whiney baby phase! Two whiney babies!
We are going to pretend today did not happen and will make our *first* trip to the beach next week!
2 comments:
I saw your 9 month post on TS but could never get enough of those adorable pics. Sorry the trip to the beach was not as planned but I am glad that they are not sick or anything. Yes, two whinny babies is enough to deal with so hopefully this phase is as quickly gone as it came on!
Damiane'
Happy 9 Months!! It's going crazy fast, isn't it?!
Post a Comment