copied from myspace.com
I had my ultrasound on Wednesday.... the good news is my babes are doing well, the bad news is I am not.
My cervix is shortening, it was holding at 3 cm for the past few months but unfortunately this time it was only 1.9 cm. To BED with you!! So needless to say I am on modified bedrest. I have to remain laying in bed, on my couch or in the recliner. No stairs, no standing, no sitting, no driving. I can get up to go pee, take a quick shower and grab a drink. And NO sex or masturbating!!
My doctor told me to come in either Thurs or Fri for a fetal monitoring, if I didnt feel well then she wanted to see me sooner not later. So Jamie drove me to Newton Wellesley and I had a little visit with my doctor last night because I was not feeling so good. She hooked me all up and said the babes are doing VERY well, good little heartbeats and LOTS of movement.
Then she monitored contractions, and while they could clearly see I was having them they asked if I felt it 'oh yeah thats the babes rolling over or stretching', um NO thats a contraction! 'Oh I get those all the time! hahaha' (but seriously how the hell would I know, I've never done this before)
They continued to monitor them and it turns out I was having more that 4 an hour. Oops! So they gave me a shot which would stop them but it was like they injected me with 5 shots of expresso! I was shaking, heart racing and wanted to go run or something.
After another hour of monitoring she let me go home because they had stopped my contractions. Yay!
I have another doctor appointment on Monday with more fetal monitoring and that fun diabetes test, and now have WEEKLY ultrasounds in Boston.
They will be happy if I can keep these little buggers in til 34 weeks which seems so far away when I think of it in terms of 7 weeks (of LAYING around!!) but as far as dates go thats only September 25th which seems kind of close! ARGH!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment