Thursday, April 24, 2008

6month appointment

Tuesday was our 6mo check up









Sofia: 15lbs 6.5oz and 26.5" long
Maia: 13lbs 7oz and 26" long


We are going taking Sofia off the reflux meds, its been 3 days without and she seems to be fine. Maia can not have her dosage increased yet because she has not gained enough to warrant an increase. Instead we are adding LUNCH! Hopefully the third meal will add more substance to her belly to help with the puking... again.

The pedi also said to let them eat as much fruits and veggies as they want so long as it does not affect their milk intake. I am going to slowly increase the amount the are getting at each meal to be sure their milk remains the same.
I also brought in a list of foods by age for the pedi to approve since I am considering making their food.

I explained my concerns to her about their night feedings and she said they may very well be comfort nursing, that I need to use my best judgment as to how much they 'should' be eating. She believes they should be going atleast 3hrs at night if not more.

Maia has some eczema on her hands and cheeks plus her neck is irritated from all the drooling. I have been greasing her up with aquaphor. Her poor scalp is also dry and she actually scratches her head. Its very cute but must be frustrating for her so I greased up her head too, as well as Sofia's.

No comments: