After 6 LONG TIRING MONTHS, all my efforts sleep training these girls has FINALLY paid off! The girls have only been getting up ONCE for the past 2 nights (3 nights for Maia!) around 11-1130ish to eat and then sleeping until 630ish! I am SO HAPPY!
We also have some semblance of a schedule:
700 Get up, diapers, snuggles, nurse, play
830 Breakfast (oatmeal & fruit)
900 Wash up, diapers/get dressed, nurse
930 Nap (usually 1.5-2hrs)
1130 Get up, diapers, play, nurse, play
100 Lunch (oatmeal/barley & veggie)
130 Wash up, diapers, nurse
200 Nap (usually 1-1.5hrs)
330 Get up, diapers, play, nurse, play
500 Dinner (oatmeal/barley, fruit & veggie)
530 Bath/lotion/jammies, snuggles, nurse
630-7 Bed

A well-rested Sofia and Maia playing on the floor after their nap
It feels so good to finally have something resembling a schedule (being the creature of habit that I am). I feel confident in planning things again and I am beginning to take on more projects.
I am getting all the blogs, emails, pictures together from when I was pregnant and I am going to add them to this blog (so keep checking prior months for those).
I am also going to start scrapbooking with my mother. She has so much scrapbooking stuff and really enjoys doing it so I am going to start one for each of the girls. I have 1200+ pictures of them so far that need to be put to good use, plus I need to awaken my creative side again. The most stimulation the creative half of my brain has gotten is deciding what the girls are going to wear!
And since the BEST gift I ever got was the scrapbook they made for me, I thought it would be nice to have them for when the girls get older!
I am also hoping to hear something about that job this week, which would be perfect since I won't even need a babysitter, I can take them with me.
Speaking of babysitting, my fabulous mother is hopefully going to watch the girls for a couple hours on Saturday for me so I can go see Iron Man!
All in all, this is a great week for The Happy and Rested Mommy!!!
2 comments:
Cohlee that is great you got some extra sleep! And the schedule is nice. Don't know if it will work for you but I found the more I stuck to the schedule whether they did or not helped me and then they eventually got it. They can even deviate and get back on track themselves. HTH
Damiane'
Great job! Routines are awesome and im glad you're finally getting some sleep!
Post a Comment