Wednesday, October 1, 2008

11month update, a little late

First off I would like to apologize for not writing sooner. We have been very busy and are trying to take full advantage of the weather before we get stuck inside for the winter!
And who would have thought chasing after two 11.5month olds could be so exhausting?!?

We have been going to a music class for a month and the girls love it! They get to sing, dance, bang on drums, play with shakers and scarfs, and most importantly, play with other kids. It is 45mins long once a week and they get so excited as soon as we pull into the parking lot.

This week we are starting Storytime, which is 30mins long once a week. The girls are really getting into books and love to be read to so I think they will enjoy this. I think some of our 'friends' from our music class will be there as well.

The other 5 mornings we go to the gym. I am in the best shape I have been in a long time and its a nice break from the little darlings. The girls love going to the gym and playing with all the kids. The girls who work in the daycare have told me numerous times how well behaved they are and how everyone really enjoys them, which makes it alot easier to leave them there for an hour to an hour and a half.

Afternoons we either play at home or run errands. I have looked into a few playgroups as well, one is for multiples which I will be attending a meeting for next week, and I am currently looking into the town's mothers' club since some of our music class friends are members.


Maia trying out the Sit & Stand Lion


Sofia loves the new Lion

The girls are growing up so quickly, I really cant believe how fast the past year went by. I am having a tough time accepting that my babies are going to be one year olds in only a few weeks! I would like them for to stay this age for a little while but still have yet to figure out how to stop time.

Teeth:
The girls have not gotten a break from teething since the summer!
Maia has 4, her 2 lower and 2 top front which took months to come in. Her gums had been swollen since August and they just came in these past two weeks.
Sofie has 7 or 8! She has her 2 lower, 4 top front, 1 in the back, and 1 molar coming in which has been torturing her for almost 2 weeks! Her teeth seem to come in twos and since her back one came in yesterday I am hoping her molar will pop through and give her a break!


Maia


Sofia

Nursing:
We are still nursing but in the process of weaning for many reasons. I will spare you most of the details but I will say that one reason is mentioned in the paragraph above! Another reason is some medical issues that I have endured while nursing, but because of this, we are weaning very slowly so I will definitely meet my goal of NURSING TWINS FOR A YEAR. We are now down to 3 nursing sessions a day and will be dropping another session by their first birthday.

Food:
The girls have tried whole milk and like it so much they chug it. They have also gotten much better at the sippie cups since I got them some 'no frills' cups, they get a drink with every meal and with their snack. They have not used a bottle in almost a month.
I decided not to buy anymore baby food this week when we went grocery shopping. Its expensive and the girls are doing so well with real food, plus its gross.
They love fruit and eat it with every meal. They also love cheese, grilled cheese sandwichs are their favorite. They like chicken and pork, they tried pot roast and loved it, they also love tofu and quinoa. This week they tried sliced ham and turkey which Maia loved!
So far the only thing they really dont like is beans.
The other day when they tried ham, Maia had eaten all hers and Sofie has pushed some of hers aside. Maia reached over to Sofie's tray and took her ham and then gave Sofie her cheese! I couldn't believe that this was starting already!


Maia and Sofia, 11mo old, sitting on the hearth in front of the wood stove


Sofia, 11mo old


Maia, 11mo old

Naps:
We are experimenting with naps to see if the girls will do ok with only one nap. They had been fighting naps for about a month so I thought maybe they could handle only nap a day. They have been taking a 2-2.5hr nap midday as opposed to 2 catnaps. They have been a little cranky but that could be attributed to the teething as well. I am going to give it a few more days before making any final decisions.

Travelling:
Sofie crawls everywhere and she is fast! She can get into a sitting position and she pulls up to her knees and to standing. She can stand up holding on with only one hand. She can walk when holding your hands and is figuring out she can use the 'monkey cage' and tables to help her walk as well.
Maia still prefers to roll. She can crawl but is much faster rolling. She can get into a sitting position and she pulls up to her knees. She does not really like to stand and does not want to walk... YET!


This is what they do when Grampa says "BOOM"

Talking:
They have quite the vocabulary now, there are some words they both say and sound the same, and some words I have no idea what they are saying, and others I know what they are saying but anyone else may not. Maia is definitely the talkative one, some might even say she is like her mother! She tells these big long elaborative stories and sings almost the entire time in music class.
Some words they say: all done, uh oh, momma, nana, dapa (grampa), yay, buhbye, deedee (baby/kitty), kl kl (tickle tickle), bob (Sofie's teddy bear).
This morning Sofie said 'thank you' when Nana kissed her head (we always say thank you when they hug/kiss us) and Maia was singing 'EEEEE OOOOO' at music class as in 'EIEIO'.

Other skills:
The girls can both wave, clap, point, do raspberries, blow kisses, cluck their tongues, fake laugh, fake cough and fake sneeze!
Sofia hates socks and pulls them off alost immediately and then take Maia's off as well.
Maia can get her diaper off if she is left without a onesie or pantless for too long!
They do cheesey smiles when they see a camera.


Sofia giving 'cage love'


Sofia getting ready to stand


Sofie blowing kisses


Maia plays the piano with her pointy fingers


Maia yelling and banging


Maia's tongue is always out

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures. They are such cute girls. Sounds like they are doing really good. That is great they love music class so much, I bet storytime will be a huge hit!

Meaghan said...

Love LOVE the photo on your header. Precious!!

Not that I am counting or anything...But in 2 weeks and almost one day...They're going to be 1! :( You never figured out how to stop time, huh?!?!

Let me know how story time goes. I was thinking about taking the boys. Not sure if I am that adventurous!

Arjun and Indira said...

Love the new look of the blog, so adorable!!! Those sweater hoodies are too cute also! What great milestones they are reaching and so happy to hear they love their story and music time. It is said once they turn one but soon they will be doing so many other things it will be clouded and you will just love it!
Damiane'

Outnumbered said...

Wow, they are getting so big and doing so much! I still can't believe both of our girls will be ONE soon!

Crafty Girl Creations said...

They are growing so quickly, and what great milestones!

I lov eall of your pictures, your girls are so cute!