Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Experiment

Who would have thought that these sweet little faces could be so strong willed and determined not to sleep?!



The girls have decided that 4-5am is a good time to get up and start the day, it was only happening maybe 1-2x a week, but now its become a trend!
After much consideration (and fear of the impending time change this weekend), I have decided to move their whole schedule forward. I am going to put them down for first nap later like 930-10, and their afternoon forward to 2ish and their bedtime forward to 730ish. Maybe then they will sleep later in the morning!

I think this will still give us 'awake' time at the right times during the day to allow us to continue to do all of our activities. We can go to the gym right after breakfast and still make it home in time for a snack and their morning nap. We should be able to wake them up if they dont wake on their own in enough time to make it to Storytime, plus they can have a snack and nap right after music class.

This should also allow us to eat dinner all at the same time instead of Mommy not getting to eat until 7-730 at night and then having to listen to not-sleeping-little-girls over the monitor.

I'll let you know how it turns out! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! Hope it works out. Getting up that early is well...way too early LOL

Unknown said...

GL with the new schedule. Thats almost exactly the same schedule we are on, except my LO's go to bed at 7. I hope you are able to get some sleep soon!!

Arjun and Indira said...

Schedule changes are always rough but once they get it it is so nice! Good luck to you!
Damiane'